JOIN THE FAMILY!
Many people are becoming more and more excited about a "parent directed" education model of schooling instead of a teacher centered, classroom type education! This term "parent directed" was first introduced by the director of Family Tree Private School at a Florida senate education sub-committee in the 1990's, and has since been adopted in many public and governmental policies to formally describe education in our "type" of school.
Parent directed education, known as homeschooling began in private schools. In 1985 though, the Florida legislature provided that students register with the state as publicly enrolled "homeschoolers" so they would not be harrassed in this "model" of education in the private setting. Yet many private schools remained open for enrollment to continue this "parent directed" model.
That's what Family Tree Private School is!
Students enrolled in Family Tree Private School are schooled under a "parent directed education model", or "homescooling model", but our students are private school students and not considered "homeschoolers" as defined in the 85 law began to use that term for students registered with the district. Further more, for all intents and purposes of the law, our students are 100% private school students.
Our students may join homeschool support groups for activities and are strongly encouraged to do so, but they can remain registered in Family Tree Private School for the added benefits of documentation, privacy, and one-on-one support. These added benefits are aimed at supporting the continuity of the homeschooling experience.
WHY OUR SCHOOL?
The term "600 school" is used affectionately to refer to our type of school - a private school organized exclusively for homeschoolers. "600" refers to Florida statutes that relate to incorporation of all private schools in Florida.
We are one of the oldest schools of our kind in Florida, and unlike other "600" schools, Family Tree Private School strives for excellence and maintains numerous professional affiliations for academic involvement, such as FLVS and the College Board.
We also strongly encourage families to join other active support groups in their area since we are state wide. We are not in competition with other organizations, but work in concert with them for the benefit of students.
Advantages to enroll with Family Tree Private School:
1. Enjoy complete privacy - withdraw from the district.
2. Enjoy your choice of excellent, reputable curricula and activities.
3. Receive official School Transcripts, Report Cards, and a High School Diploma.
4. Receive guidance for testing and special education services.
5. Acess teacher in-service training and public school book depositories as a teacher.
6. Receive credit for hobbies, interests, on the job training and apprenticeships.
7. Receive documentation of Community Service Hours.
8. Earn high school credits through free dual enrollment at participating colleges.
9. Access to free on-line classes through Florida Virtual School.
10. SAT and ACT Registration.
11. Receive free Special Education testing and services at the district as a "private school student'.
12. Receive ongoing, one-on-one personal, and professional support.
Family Tree Private School has a long standing, excellent reputation statewide. We have worked with many community leaders and support groups as well as the Florida Department of Education and our legislators. Following is a list of some of our credits:
Deparatment of Education School ID. # 3292
National College Board ID. # 101-618
Florida Teaching Certificate # 542928 for 30 years
Florida Name Registration # G00236900044
Florida Non-profit Corp. # N00000005146
I.R.S. E.I.N. # 65-1030629, 501(c)(3) non-profit status
Family Tree Private School is a dba of Family Tree Ministries, Inc.